PCI SSC CODE OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY
The PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) has developed this Code of Professional Responsibility to define the expectations for professional and ethical conduct of all PCI SSC-qualified individuals. All PCI SSC-qualified individuals must advocate, adhere to, and support the following principles:
1. Actions must reflect professional competence and due care, and be in accordance with PCI SSC standards and guidance.
- Perform each aspect of your work honorably, responsibly, diligently and objectively.
- Act in the best interest of the entities to which you provide services or support, and keep them apprised of changes to PCI SSC standards and guidance.
- Render only those services for which you are fully competent and qualified to perform.
- Promote current information security best practices and standards.