A hands-on, practical course on how to detect and mitigate card payment fraud in your business.
This course you help will become your company’s accredited fraud prevention specialist. Just like your business might have a Health and Safety Officer, by completing this course and the relevant examination you will be awarded the title of Card and Payment Fraud Officer (CPFO). This course provides both legal knowledge and practical skills. Our use of live action demonstrations, video and real life stories makes this course as fascinating as it is useful.
- 1 day trainer led interactive course
- Small group size for a more personal approach (typical maximum 20)
- Lunch and refreshments provided
What is a CPFO?
Due to the rapidly increasing rate of fraud, it is now advisable that every company should have a Card and Payment Fraud Officer (CPFO). The CPFO is responsible for using their skills and knowledge to reduce fraud incidents in the workplace. It is a very important role, as the CPFO’s actions could potentially save thousands of pounds through avoiding fraud attacks, reducing charge-backs and eliminating non-compliance fees. This role is perfect for full-time employees, as it is designed to sit alongside normal business responsibilities.
• Create a safe or anonymous space for staff & customers to report suspicion.
• Design and implement a fraud prevention company policy
• Constantly remind & educate staff on fraud
• Stop fraudsters before they work for you (screen staff)
• Responsible for reporting fraud to owners, other managers & Staff
• Implement procedures on how to mitigate fraud
• Constantly update existing fraud processes and utilise new fraud products and services
• Manage companies payment hardware in relation to fraud prevention
- In-Store fraud methods and how to stop it;
- Counter Sales Fraud
- Card Not Present (CNP) Fraud
- Refund Fraud
- Epos & Card Machine Scams
- Receipt Fraud
- What to do when fraud has taken place;
- What staff should do
- What managers & owners should do
- What you can get Acquirers to do
- What a Charge-back letter means
- Visa & Mastercard charge-back code meanings
- How to challenge a charge-back
- Tips and tricks to reduce or eliminate charge-backs
- Utilising tools and software to immediately identify a charge-back before a cardholder contacts their issuer
- PCI DSS compliance & the CPFO role
- Card Payment Landscape
- Psychology of “the fraudster”
What you get:
- Approved retailer status
- CPFO accredited certificate
- Access to resources for 24 months
- CPD points and certificate
- Printed course notes
- Window sticker
- Post course support via email
- Free business listing on the CPFO register website
Sign up to the CPFO training course today and advertise that you are not a target for fraudsters (internal and external).
Course being accredited by:
Please note, at this venue, car park charges will apply.